Quick and delicious pasta salad, ideal for a quick meal and great for a BBQ.
Vegan, nut free | Serves 2 | SALAD
- 200g pasta of choice
- 1 courgette (zucchini), sliced in coins
- 140g firm tofu (I'm using tofoo), cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, garlic granules and oregano
- A handful of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 3 tablespoons of sweetcorn
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon plant-based yogurt (I'm using Alpro Greek style)
- 1 tablespoon plant-based mayonnaise (I'm using Hellmann's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in boiling salted water (mine took 9 minutes).
While the pasta is cooking, in a pan on a medium heat, sauté the courgette and tofu with one tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and oregano until golden.
Once the courgette and tofu are golden, remove from the heat.
The pasta must be ready by now, drain and set aside. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
In a bowl add all the vegetables, the cooked pasta, tofu, courgette and dressing and combine well.
Happy cooking everyone!
Did you try this recipe?
Let us know how it went, comment below and share a picture on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #natliciousfood