This kale salad is quick to put together and even though is healthy it does not compromise on taste.
Vegan, gluten free, soy free | Serves 2 | SALAD
- 150g of quinoa
- 1x 230g chickpeas (drained weight), drained and washed
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of Dhow Nature Foods turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of each garlic granules, curry powder and oregano
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 200g kale, washed, destemmed and cut in bite size pieces
- 2 ripe avocados, cut in small cubes
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 30g walnuts
- 30g dried raisins (sultanas)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill
Boil the quinoa according to the package instructions and let aside to cool down once cooked.
In a pan, on a medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the chickpeas and all the dried herbs.
Sauté for around 5 minutes and let aside to cool down.
Add the kale in a large bowl with the remaining olive oil, 1 avocado, the lemon juice and seasoning.
Massage the kale and avocado with your hands to make it softer and easier to eat, but don't overdo it.
Once the quinoa and chickpeas are cool down, combine everything together.
Check the seasoning and enjoy!
Happy cooking everyone!
Did you try this recipe?
Let us know how it went, comment below and share a picture on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #natliciousfood