Delicious and hearty chickpea sandwich that will takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Vegan, nut free, soy free | Serves 2 | MAIN
- 4 slices of bread of your choice
- 160g chickpeas (drained weight), drained and rinsed
- 5-6 slices of pickled cucumber, cut in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons of sweet corn
- 1/4 onion, cut in small cubes
- 1 tablespoon of plant-based mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- A handful of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- A handful of arugula
1.Toast the bread
2.In a bowl, add the chickpeas and mash some of them with a fork.
3.Add the remaining ingredients, except from the avocado, iceberg and arugula, and combine well. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
4.On the toasted bread, add a layer of iceberg lettuce, followed by half of the chickpea mixture, then half of the avocado, salt and pepper and then arugula.
5.Top it with the other slice and make another one!
Happy cooking everyone!
Did you try this recipe?
Let us know how it went, comment below and share a picture on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #natliciousfood