Bowl of goodness made with chickpeas, sweet potatoes and coconut milk.
Vegan, gluten-free | Serves 3-4 | MAIN
Serve it with quinoa to make it gluten free
- 2x 230g chickpeas (drained weight), drained and washed
- 1 x 400ml can of coconut milk
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes or 1 big, peeled and cut into bite size cubes (around 300g)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 medium size onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- Pinch on chili flakes, salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dhow Nature Foods turmeric (10% discount code: DHOWLIKENATALI)
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- A squeeze of lemon
In a large pot add a touch of oil (I’m using olive oil) on a medium high heat and add the onions and garlic and sauté until soft. After a couple of minutes add all the spices and sauté (add splashes of water to deglaze the pot if needed).
Add the sweet potatoes and sauté for few minutes to cover in spices.
Add the chickpeas, coconut milk, veggie cube and 350ml of boiling water. Bring to boil and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes and stir occasionally.
Adjust seasoning to your liking and check if the sweet potatoes are cooked with a fork.
Finally add a squeeze of lemon.
I prefer to serve it with rice, brown or white, but you can have it quinoa. It lasts up to 5 days in the fridge and you can also freeze it.
Happy cooking everyone!
Did you try this recipe?
Let us know how it went, comment below and share a picture on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #natliciousfood