Amazing beetroot hummus!
Vegan, nut free | Serves 6-8 | DIP
- 1x 230g chickpea can (drained weight), drained and washed
- 1 steamed beetroot
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of raw tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/2 tablespoon of each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of chilli flakes
Add all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 4-5 minutes, until you get a creamy consistency (scraping the edges of the food processor as needed).
Check the seasoning and enjoy with crackers, any kind of bread, vegetable sticks or as a spread in wraps.
Did you try this recipe?
Let us know how it went, comment below and share a picture on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #natliciousfood